|Campus setting||Thông tin không có|
|Chi phí sinh hoạt||Thông tin không có|
|Mật độ sinh viên||Thông tin không có|
|Sinh viên quốc tế||Thông tin không có|
|Loại trường||Tư thục|
Về Cao đẳng Plumpton
Thông tin về trường
The décor is modern and very attractive. The bespoke furniture was made by a small local company from fine oak and completed as part of our new West Wing development in September 2009. Staff are on hand to help with any enquiries students may have.
The Library contains over 10,000 books on land based subjects and a wide selection of periodicals, 3000 e-books are also available on campus. The fully air conditioned library contains the following:
- Seating for 124 students in a variety of modern arrangements which allow for group or individual study, with or without computers. This includes comfortable seating areas for reading the paper or working with friends.
- The library is divided into two zones: for either quiet or group work and colour coded accordingly. 16 study carols are provided, as well as study tables for individual working.
- 18 PCs and power and networking to all tables and desks so that laptops can be used.
- An adjacent conference/meeting room is provided with electronic white board and projector which can be booked by staff or students for presentations or research sessions.
- Black and white and colour printer and copier.
- Disabled access and hearing loop.
Students benefit from a full range of IT services including access to the latest PCs, laptops, software and printers. There is free internet access for all internet-enabled devices across the main campus. Resident students can also access services such as the ‘Xbox LIVE’ room, complete with Microsoft Xbox consoles and LCD TVs for evening entertainment. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops or hire from the IT department.
PLUMPTON COLLEGE WINE CENTRE
A purpose-built Wine Centre was opened in June 2007, consisting of a commercial and research winery, two laboratories, a lecture theatre, a wine evaluation room and a room for special events. This unique facility is designed to provide a full range of services for professionals in the wine trade and in wine production.
The College’s 7-hectare vineyard produces over fifteen thousand bottles of wine a year, which are vinified in its new winery and marketed by the staff and students.
Horticulture can be studied both at the main college site at Plumpton which is at the foot of the South Downs, five miles from the county town of Lewes, or ar the newly acquired outcentre which is within the confines of Stanmer Park on the outskirts of Brighton alongside the A27.
Whilst cricket, football, rugby and tennis is catered for on the sportsfield at Plumpton, the amenity area surrounding the college buildings includes mixed
borders, herbaceous beds, a rock and water feature, a fruit garden and a vegetable plot. A small area of cold and heated glass with a mist propagation unit and polythene tunnels provide protected cropping areas.
The campus also supports areas allotted to trial and research work and includes specialist plant collections of regional and national importance.
All students attending horticultural courses are involved in developing and maintaining each campus, allowing hands on experience through practical involvement.
WALES FARM AND ESTATE
The main College Farm extends to 900 hectares and comprises 340 Holstein cows, a modern high welfare pig unit, 500 breeding ewes, a Sussex suckler herd and a wide range of arable crops. Part of the farm is organic to demonstrate this type of production and to utilise areas of the South Downs which are farmed in association with the National Trust.
The College estate demonstrates a wide range of ecological diversities and land use and is extensively used for conservation, land management and leisure activities as well as commercial farming.
The large equine unit consists of two well equipped yards, a traditional yard of 20 boxes and an ‘American Barn’ designed yard with 40 boxes. There are two indoor schools, a large outdoor school, horse walker, mechanical horse and cross country course. The extensive College Estate is ideal for hacking out.
- Train: A regular train service runs to Lewes station where a connecting bus to the college can be caught.
- Bus: In addition to College provided services there are two public routes which also service the College.
- Council Run bus services: There are also a variety of local bus services which can bring students into or out of Plumpton. The VR (Village Rider) can help people get to/from Burgess Hill, Ditchling and Hassocks, the 166 service runs from Lewes, Wivelsfield and Haywards Heath and the 824 comes via Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Wivelsfield, Ditchling. Chailey and Lewes.
- Car: There is plenty of parking on the campus for students. Only students that display a valid parking permit can use this facility. Car permits are given out at enrolment.
- Bike or walking: The College is accessible by both methods of transport, but it should be noted that the campus is two miles from the nearest station at Plumpton Green. A College bus service collects and drops off at Plumpton train Station.
Finding the right type of accommodation can be just as important as choosing the right academic course. Many of our students commute to college from home but for those for whom this is not an option, we aim to ensure that all our students have access to well-priced, good quality accommodation, either in the college hostel or in the private sector.
Plumpton College accommodates 203 students across several on-site residential hostels, covering a variety of budget levels and age groups. The College is loco parentis to all under 18 students who live on-site and we take this responsibility very seriously. Our Residents Information book gives a great flavour of the residential experience at Plumpton College. Our Terms and Conditions of residency apply to all students regardless of age.
The cost of a room within College hostels falls across five price bands. These costs are set out for the duration of the academic year on a full board basis, inclusive of all utility bills. With the exception of our ensuite provision all bedrooms have communal bathing & toilet facilities. The College provides curtains, and a mattress cover—students should bring all other bed linen with them. If you bring your own television, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is correctly licensed
Thông tin bổ sung
Mọi thông tin hỗ trợ về tư vấn du học, thông tin hỗ trợ tài chính hoặc hướng dẫn cách thức tìm các chương trình học bổng, xin vui lòng điền thông tin vào form có sẵn, hoặc liên hệ với EasyUni Việt Nam theo số hotline - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Các kháo học có sẵn 12Agriculture Studies 7 Applied, Pure Sciences 2 Beauty, Personal Care 1 Business, Management 3 Education and Teaching 1 Sports Science 1
Đánh giá 0
Be the first one!